The Huntington Theater was constructed in 1904 as a vaudeville house. It had 1100 seats, including 400 in the balcony. By 1911, the Huntington started showing movies and continued doing so until 1999. A major remodeling occurred in 1939 when the interior was gutted and the front façade was adapted to the Art Deco style, complete with a ticket booth.
In 1999, a multiplex came to town and sold the Theater with the stipulation that movies not be shown there for 25 years. A local couple purchased the Huntington to save it and completed necessary maintenance. They attempted to show classic movies but this path did not generate enough income. The Huntington Theater is currently up for sale.